Salisbury Cathedral is a remarkable 750+ year old Anglican cathedral in the heart of Wiltshire. While it holds itself as a well-loved historical monument and centre of Christian worship, Salisbury Cathedral aimed to extend their audiences beyond their traditional visitors with their From Darkness to Light Illuminations winter lights installation.
The challenge for the campaign was to reach art lovers, theatre goers, experience seekers and the culturally curious – anyone who would likely be enticed by the opportunity to rediscover a medieval monument through modern, innovative and awe-inspiring art.
Culture Calling conducted a multi-channel digital marketing campaign utilising all of our digital platforms to extend the reach to as many people as possible. This included:
- Event and competition listing on CultureCalling.com
- Mailouts to our engaged email lists
- Full residency on our ad space and highlights panel
- A Facebook and Twitter campaign
From our website and newsletter promotions, we reached our culturally engaged website users and email subscribers, covering a cross-selection of heritage lovers and audiences willing to explore unique creative experiences. Culture Calling extended this reach even further through a social media campaign, successfully targeting locations in the South West and people interested in arts and heritage.
- 600+ unique clicks via email mailouts, sent to 64k recipients.
- 15% average email open rate
- 82,900+ impressions via our website ad slots
- 500+ link clicks and 20,000+ impressions across Facebook and Twitter
Salisbury Cathedral saw a very busy Christmas period with over 50,000 people entering the installation. This is a notable increase from the 38,000 yearly visits to their Bell Tower Tea Room.