With over 45,000 people estimated to have attended Bristol Pride this summer, our team of distribution staff were out and about sharing culture at the free music festival on Durdham Downs.
Following a day of festivities. Here’s a few facts that we thought you would find interesting:
- The first unofficial Bristol Pride was in 1977 as a fundraiser for the Gay News blasphemy trial.
- Bristol Pride is now organised by the charity Bristol Pride and has been since 2010.
- An incredible 50m long rainbow banner was carried from Castle Park to the Lloyds Amphitheatre.
- The music venue was relocated to Durdham Downs this year to allow for double the capacity of 2018 which reached over 36,000+ last year.
- There were over 100 live acts at the music festival.
- There was music from Sonique, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Boney M and Sporty Spice, Mel C hit the stage too.
With an increase of 25% footfall in just one year from 2018 to 2019, we can’t wait to see what Bristol has in store for 2020!